Thursday, August 23, 2012

Story Worth Telling

 
 
I've spent the last few years away from this page because to be honest, the blog world intimidates me.  For one thing, my standards are too high.  I tell myself I have to capture each and every meaningful moment and I have to fill in the blanks for anything I've missed over the last few years.  I compare myself to others like my incredibly gifted bestie or those with remarkably intimate stories about the struggles and heartache they've walked through.
 
But today I had an epiphany as I looked down at my precious baby boy covered in sweet potatoes, a band-aid on each chubby thigh, a spoon in his mouth, a foot on the table, a super cool spiked 'do and that little precocious grin. I have a story worth telling.   At times I question the significance of the words I write and the moments I try to capture.  I wonder if they are worthy of an audience.    But the truth is, my story does matter. I must trust it is being written by the Author of all things.  He has invested eternity in me.  He has given me a loving husband. He has blessed me with a new generation.  It's a journey worth recording.
 
So, I will write.  I can't say how often. I can't promise the subjects will be profound or witty or strikingly significant but they will be real.  Real moments.  Sweet potatoes, boo boos, chubby thighs, spiked hair and all.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment